Financial Aid is any source of funds to help students meet their
educational expenses. Macomb Community College participates in
federal, state, college and private programs to assist students with
financing their education.
If you haven’t applied for Financial Aid at this point and are
interested in doing so, visit Macomb Community College’s
Financial Aid webpage. While completing your
for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) be sure to include Macomb’s
Federal School Code 008906. This will ensure that your FAFSA
application is sent to Macomb’s Financial Aid Office.
As referenced in the video, Macomb Community College participates
in four major resources of Financial Aid assistance for our
- Grants: Need based awards referred to as gift
aid that does not have to be paid back.
- Work-Study: is a need based award that
pays you to work and attend classes.
- Loans: are need and non-need based. Any
loan funds you receive must be repaid after you
graduate or stop attending college.
- Scholarships: There is a variety of
scholarships that are funded by private donors.
Scholarships are available to assist with tuition,
fees, books and other educational expenses.
Find out about your current Macomb Community College Financial
Aid Status (FAST) online through Web Advisor. FAST provides you with
your current real-time financial aid status 24 hours a day 365 days
a year. Many of your questions related to financial aid can be found
on FAST such as:
- Has Macomb received my FAFSA?
- What documents do I need to turn in?
- When can I expect my financial aid
application to be processed?
- What financial aid do I qualify for?
- What does my Award Letter say?
Do it yourself by following these few FAST steps:
- Log onto Macomb’s WebAdvisor (https://webadvisor.macomb.edu)
- Click on current and former student menu
- In the Financial Aid section, click on
Financial Aid Status (FAST)
- Click on the current year in the box